Monday 19 January 2009

Perfect Pictures?

Rachael Elliott created this fantastic layout and step-by-step class for us, here's what inspired her and how she did it:

Inspiration:
Have you ever sat in front of your computer looking through all your photos and discounted using so many of them because they weren't perfect? I often do, but when I was looking at these photos I realised that although they weren't particulary good photos they did sum up my daughter Rebecca perfectly as she is always pulling funny faces and messing around when I get the camera out, she is also always looking for bugs on our summer walks around the island (she is holding a cricket in the large photo!) Maybe your photos aren't always perfect but sometimes it is those photos that capture those special moments or memories.

Stash Used:
Large retro flower punch and smaller xcut punch
Autumn leaves date stamp
Embroidery thread

Method:
1.Print off 6 photos, 5 at 2.5x3.5" and 1 at 4x3.5.

2. Cut a piece of patterned paper (pp) approximately 11.5x3.5", distress one edge by running a sharp pair of scissors along the back and then roll the edge with fingers tearing some areas. I always ink the edges of all my papers using a black ink pad. Stick this to the right hand side of your page.

3. Cut another piece of cardstock the same length and rip down one edge and stick this under the edge of your first piece of pp.

4. Cut our two more pieces of pp, one 8.5x5" (pink spots) and another 4.5x7"(stars). Attach these onto your page.

5. Arrange all your smaller photos down the right hand side of your page, mat your larger photo and stick it onto the left hand side.

6. Glue and staple some ribbon along the bottom of your page.

7. For my journalling block I have cut out a piece of paper 4x2" and fixed it to my page, I have then used some inkjet acetate in my printer to create my journalling. Remember to always set your printer to transparency and allow the acetate to dry thoroughly. I have inked the edges using stazon ink and secured it to the page using glossy accents.

8. Add your title and flower accents, I have used the extra dots from the foam thickers for the flower centres.

9. Add some stitching for extra detail using embroidery thread.

No comments: