Monday 16 February 2009

School Trip by Rachael Elliott

Here's another layout from Rachael E using the AC Teen range. We love the idea of getting your children to record their memories on a page and the way all the circles draw your eye to the photo.

Rachael explains how she created her layout:
I have decided this year to set myself a few goals, one of them is to include more journalling on my layouts as preserving the story behind the photos is after all one of the reasons why the majority of us scrap. I have been trying to find different ways of adding journalling and thought that it would be great to record my childrens memories and thoughts on events rather than just my own. To create the journalling on this layout I drew out the size of the journalling box on a piece of A4 printer paper in pencil and asked Rebecca to write down her memories about the trip. Then I rubbed out all the pencil lines, scanned it into my computer, printed it out onto acetate and secured it onto my page using glossy accents. If you are going to give this a go make sure that you use suitable acetate, I didn't once and it was a disaster!
How about using glossy accents to add extra little details and dimension to your layouts, I have added little dots down the center of my black circle and covered each letter in my title.

No comments: