Wednesday 29 June 2011

~*Glitz Design - Afternoon Muse*~


Following on from my previous post, here are my final two layouts using the gorgeous Glitz Design – Afternoon Muse collection. 

First up is ‘Almost Five’.

 I loved the bunting on the patterned paper, ‘Banner’. I simply created the majority of my layout on the bottom left hand side of the patterned paper to allow the beautiful bunting to be seen. I cut the ‘Block’ patterned paper and layered a strip of ‘Stripe’ (which I edged with an edge punch), and ‘Banner’ (also scalloped using an edge punch) and attached my photos. I embellished using some of the excellent value for money buttons (in the Sherbert Fizz colourway), some pretty Aunty Sarah’s bloomers and a few pearls to add a little sparkle. 


 [Please click on the image to view it larger]

My final layout is ‘May Angels Lead you in’.

Last Wednesday David and I went to see one of my favourite bands, Jimmy Eat World in Cardiff and we were treated to an absolutely amazing gig and I couldn’t wait to get home and scrap my photos. 


 [Please click on the image to view it larger]

For this layout, I created some little, extremely easy flowers. They are simply made from four little strips of paper layered over each other with a button centre. I think they are quite effective as a little embellishment created using co-ordinated patterned papers guaranteed to match your layout J I also used some guitar picks which I bought at the merchandise stand at the gig. 




Thanks for stopping by the blog! Gems xx




6 comments:

Cathy C said...

Gorgeous pages gems!!

Carol said...

Gorgeous pages, stunning photos of your Daughter, she is so pretty.

Louise said...

Beautiful pages Gems, Ashton is just so delicious.
xxx

Nat said...

Lovely pages Gems, love the simplicity of the paper flower embellies - perfect! xxx

Jenga said...

Gorgeous LO's Gems. Love the flower embellies x

SallyB said...

Lovely pp range which work beautifully with your photo's. Thanks for the inspiration. x