Sunday 21 August 2011

Musical Dudes


Hi, its Vanessa here and this month I’m carrying on with the State Fair Collection by Studio Calico. I’m also carrying on with the misting theme (my passion for the moment!) and I’ve created this page using a quick and simple misting technique, and a few quick techniques generally, which also give effective results.

Using a mask is a quick, simple and effective way of adding a splash of colour and interest to your page. Before doing anything else, I placed the mask (by Prima) in the bottom right corner of the page and then sprayed the mist at a slight angle. The mist is Butternut Squash orange.
I’ve done a little bit of stamping with the retro radio from the AC sing-a-long collection. Stamped onto patterned paper and cut out. As well as adding colour, I love to add definition to my pages and I find outlining the page and the elements with a black journaling pen works really well.


Supplies

Prima Lace G - Red
Studio Calico State Fair Collection - Right Step Up, Pie Contest & Guess Your Weight
Miscellaneous die cuts and frame
Maya Road mist - Butternut Squash Orange
American Crafts stamps - Peechy Keen - Sing-a-long
Ripped up Starbucks coffee cup holder
Organza Rose trim

Thanks and pop back tomorrow afternoon for a little home altered project using the same paper collection.

Vanessa x

6 comments:

Jenga said...

Another fab page Vanessa. Love the little radio stamp :)

Jill said...

Just loving that page Vanessa! That misting looks like great fun! Jill x

Carol said...

Lovely page Vanessa, love the misting gret job.

Carol x

Helsbells said...

Love the colour combination. I've got those thickers and wasn't sure about them but they look great against the white and with the red. Love the repeated stamped image too and the hint of the organza ribbon. :)

Gems said...

Gorgeous page Vanessa, I love the stamping of the radio :) xx

Jennifer Grace said...

gorgeous page, love the frame on top of the photo. x