Sunday 7 August 2011

Part 2- Lifting vs Stealing

Hi all, anyone out there on this rainy sunday? I thought i would come back and show you some more of the pages i have been doing on my little feature of lifting peoples work without directly copying.

 So as we all know copying is the biggest form of flattery right? well thats what my mother told me growing up.

I totally fell for this page when i saw it and quite just wanted it the same, everything in the same place etc

That is totally fine so long as you credit the 'designer' so here i went.




Pretty much the same right? i even used the title (titles are hard) it just so happens i had a sticker from Sassa that had love love love on it


I love the folded up paper bit


I also tend to use our R&R on loads of things.

So there you go, its pretty much just copying, though obviously i didnt have the same stuff as her.

I mainly used Sassa stuff, a bit of MME ahh cant think what that coloud paper is but its cute right?

So my final page is lifting Gems lovely page she did on our first round of 'new look' blog work


I loved the composition of this page, thats what i tend to see first rather than what people have used etc

So off i went to lift her work, again using mainly MME (cant get enough of it) bit of Crate and a bit of Sassa 




I started with these super cute bunny photos but it started to change and i thought a big one would be fun, this is exactly what lifting is about, taking a idea and changing it.


i kept the idea of a photo and a little one as a highlight


I liked the bit above the photos with the title so added a sub title to my page.

So you can see again how if you look you can kinda see where it originally came from.

So there you go that is me for now, i will be back in a few days actually as it is my turn to host the monthly challenge where a £20 gift voucher can be won.

Thanks to all the DT for having such wonderful work and letting my use it.

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to link up any work you are lifting and i will swing by and see

Rachel x

2 comments:

Jill said...

As always gorgeous LOs Rachel, love those pics of the bunnies - mine just hops off when I try to take a photo of him! Think he is camera shy! Jill x

Scattychick said...

Gorgeous LO's Rachel and I have loved these posts thank you x BTW I have that cloud paper it is by WRMK (it looks exactly like the one I have anyway lol)