Saturday 10 March 2012

March Challenge

Ready for another challenge ? This month's challenge is brought to you by Ifa and I am challenging you to create a layout inspired by the work place.

Do you work ? I challenge you to scrap about your work, whether you love it or loath it. If you don't work, how about scrapping about your dream work ? What about using some office inspired supply to make your layout ?

Before you go away and create your layout, here are some examples created by the DT.

Nat is a teacher but prior to this she had a few diffrent jobs.

I love all the different pictures she used. This is what she said,

I've scrapped the fact that I am now a teacher a few times, however as I entered the working world when I was 16 and didn't go to uni until I was 25, I'd had a few different jobs before this. Until Ifa set this challenge I realised that these have gone unscrapped. The road that led me to make the decision to go into teaching was long and varied, made me the person I am today and taught me countless valuable skills, so the opportunity to document my career prior to teaching has been a welcome one.

I totally loved making this page - it was a challenge to trawl through old pics and find one that matched each time period, with the relevant people where possible. As for putting it together - I mixed up some really old October Afternoon die-cut sheets that I found at the bottom of a box along with scraps from new ranges that were quite literally lying on my desk from my last project, it was so fun to just pick up scraps and find a way to use them on the page. The tba that says "My Journey" is a file card that pulls out to reveal details and memories of each of my jobs.


Our new girl, Jen Garret has scrapped about her new job on the DT.

Jen said,

The photos are my LO's for the January kit and I used the leftovers from the January kit on the LO. I often tell my 3 boys "mummy's working" when I try to get away with scrapping when they are in the house. Now it's true!

I hasten to add, that when I asked, Jen said she does not get away with telling her boys this LOL.

Jen Naulls' pretty layout is next,


Jen said,
It's about going back to work after having Benjamin, and trying to find a balance between work me and mummy me

I am guessing Jen found a good balance as this layout is so happy and pretty. I wonder what she wrote...

Lastly, mine is about my son who wanted to be a Police Officer when he was 4 or 5.


At the end of his reception year at school, J came home with a CD. Their class teacher had prepared a Powerpoint presentation of all the boys in class and what they want to be when they grow up, complete with individual photos. I had completely forgotten about this ambition till a few weeks ago when I found it on my computer. Sadly, J is now 16 and does not really know what he wants to do.

I hope you are feeling inspired to join in. Link up your entry below so we can come and look. There is a £20 e-voucher to spend at Sarah's Cards for the winner. Come on, that's got to be worth getting the scissors and glue out.



2 comments:

Mel said...

Love all the layouts ladies - especially Jen's circles. I was glad for this challenge as I know I need to scrap more about teaching as it's a big part of who I am.

Trina said...

Thanks Ifa, it was a fab challenge! x