Monday 23 July 2012

Summertime: part two...

Earlier in the month, I shared some ideas for some summer scrapbooking pages.  As the school holidays begin, or for me, rapidly approach, I thought that it would be a good time to think about what we would all like to do during the next few weeks off school/work.

* Bucket List - Summer 2012 *

I began by devising a few simple questions to ask the children about what they'd like to do during the next few weeks:

  • Places to go
  • Activities to do
  • Food to eat/make
  • People to visit/play with
  • Things to watch
I typed their answers into MS Word and printed onto some patterned paper.






I also created my own list of places to go and things to do as a reminder when we're stuck for ideas.




These provided three 6x4 inserts for a divided 12x12 page.  The remaining three slots were used for title information and some decoration:












The whole page spread looks like this:






Using the divided page protectors means that once the holidays are over, I can rearrange the inserts and add in details of what we actually did and include some photos too to make a double page spread of pockets to tell the story of our Summer 2012.


2 comments:

Jenga said...

Fab ideas. Glad to see Sam is on Oliver's list as Oliver is on the top of Sam's! Love the little type writer embellishment x

Nat said...

Excellent way of planning ahead - both for your actual summer activities and for the resulting scrapbooking. Love it xx