Monday 9 July 2012

Summertime...


When I started to think about ideas for my July blog post, 'summer' as a theme came to me.  Although the weather has been disappointing in the main so far this summer, I'm still holding out for sunshine, especially once the school holidays begin.

With that in mind, I decided to think about some different ideas for scrapbooking about summer traditions and recording our summer holidays.

I've used papers and embellishments from the new Studio Calico Heyday range: the colours are so pretty and scream 'summer' to me.

1. My first idea for a summer page is a Summer Holiday Review layout.  I've gone back to last summer for my example and chosen photographs which tell the story of the school summer holidays from 2011. 



My journaling is a simple numbered list of the different things that happened which I printed directly onto the white cardstock. 



To tie in with the summer theme, I created a sunburst design incorporating most of the papers from the Heyday range:





2. My second idea for a summer themed layout is to create a list of 'Summer loves': making a list of what you/your family/friends enjoy about the summer months.

I again word processed the journaling, using a typewriter font.  I firstly printed onto a piece of paper and then lightly stuck down my chosen journaling card, cut from one of the 12x12 papers, over the top of the printing, before running it through the printer again.


After rounding the corners, adding some full stops for bullet points and finally embellishing with wood veneer shapes, the journaling area was complete, describing George's favourite things to do during the summer right now.


The complete layout:



I hope to be back later in the week with some more ideas for recording the summertime.


4 comments:

Mel said...

Great pages - I like the sun rays and the washi on the first layout.

Jenga said...

Great ideas Helen. Love that picture of George on the secong LO :)

Vanessa said...

Love the sunshine rays Helen - gorgeous work. :) Vanessa x

Eileen said...

Really vibrant sunshine rays on the first LO but i really love the second LO, it's a great photo and all the elements come together so well, it manages to be bright and calm at the same time!