Wednesday 29 August 2012

Go LARGE!

My post this month is inpired by this cushion, from John Lewis.  A while back, they also had one with LOVE on the front which is blatantly lifted to form this layout.

 
I hand drew some letters on graph paper before transferring to patterned papers. To give the letters a little definition, I stitched all the way round the L and E on the sewing maching before adding some sequins. I hand stitched the large heart and added some mistable camera shapes ( that I left plain, is that a crime ? ). The V was cut from the fabrip.  Here's a closer look at those letters.
 
 
Next is a layout about our trip to the Olympic Park so I drew and cut out LONDON from a variety of patterned paper. I made the first O slightly smaller to draw the viewer's attention to it so that I can further add 2012.
 


 
This is how I made the letters. Each letter is formed from 3 square wide by 5 square high.  The short first O is 4 square high.  To make the large letters for Love, I simply treated 2 squares as 1. I cut them out and trace onto patterned paper.  The cutting wasn't very precise either...I simply used a small scissors.
 
 
I still had plenty of supply so I made "2 boys" where I drew and cut out 2.

That's all from me this month.  Are you ready for school ? I think I still have a blazer to pick up from the dry cleaners LOL.


6 comments:

Mel said...

Love these layouts Ifa - I used to be a fan of the hand cut title as its so versatile. I really love all the texture and stitching on the LOVE title too!

teacakemake said...

Oh Ifa, these layouts are lovely! I'd not thought of using such things as inspiration but now I am not afraid of doing so!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous layouts Ifa, I especially love the cushion inspired one.
T x

Helsbells said...

Love the cushion and your interpretations of the design. Really like the filled heart idea :)

Nat said...

Fab pages Ifa. Love all the little details on the first layout like the sequins and the tone-on-tone of the mistable cameras xx

Louise said...

Ifa these are gorgeous. I love the bright colours against the white backgrounds.