Saturday 29 December 2012

Repeat after me

Hello lovely ladies. It is Ifa with you today. How was your Christmas ?  Are you enjoying the holiday ?  I am.  Though I share the common problem at this time of year, too much eating. The thing is, nothing looks good in the sale on my fat tummy! Fortunately, that could be a blessing for the bank balance.

I have a couple of layouts to share with you today. I have the tendency to pack my layouts full with embellishments; more often than not, they are on top of each other, jostling for position. I wanted to try something different this month. I am going for a limited range of embellishments. I am opting to lay out my embellishments in a row. I am using a common design idea, repetition.

 
In this layout, I stamped "hello" three times before adding Hello chipboard letters underneath. It echoes the spirit of the photo somewhat. We were on an empty beach, making silly poses, perhaps even shouting out our Hellos.

 
I wanted to use some fancy Tim Holtz type safety pins but I couldn't find any in my stash so I opted for a row of three safety pins.  I appear to have built up quite a collection from all the dresses I have bought!

 
Now, something that I have a lot of is buttons.  I added a row of five sweet buttons, some of them vintage, to this layout.
 
The main area of these layouts run across the middle, top to bottom.  Most of my layouts take the form of a cross so I sprinkled some sequins across the middle to complete the cross.
 
 
I had intended to fill a whole layout with this idea of simple repetitions but as this was a new idea for me, I don't yet have the courage. So I opted for a couple of simple layouts.
 
A beach layout from the summer,
 
 
and a holiday photo from Morocco, many years ago.
 
 
Hope you all have the Happiest and Healthiest New Year.
 
 

1 comment:

Helen said...

Love the little splashes of embellishments.