Friday 25 January 2013

I don't do...

...Valentines and I don't do Project Life. So what do I do with Valentines themed papers and Project Life style page protectors?

Well, when it comes to the page protectors I ignored them for, hmmmm, about 2 years! I have seriously had these for that long and not used them. When I was having a post Christmas clear out I came across them and placed them on my desk determined to use them somehow. Pretty soon after that my lovely My Mind's Eye Lucky In Love papers arrived and I started to play. I decided to treat the sections as one whole layout using photos from a weekend getaway the DT had in November for Sarah's birthday. As I began filling the sections I decided to add some of the elements on top of the page protector so I could cross the boundaries.
I quite like this effect and did the same with the journalling strips.
I have decided I will use this format for layouts about me, myself and I as my usual A4 pages tend to be about my boys. Like this one:
I took inspiration from the sectioned page protector and created a basic grid, then began crossing the boundaries with stickers from the collection pack.

I have one more page to share that I created with the scraps that I had left on my desk at this point so I thought I may as well share this one too.

I have plenty of the collection pack left and there is a fourth page almost finished on my desk as I type. I'll pop it on the Facebook page when it is done. Make sure you pop over and like the page to be kept up to date with us here at Sarahscards.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh Jen,love those LOs. Jill x

Helen said...

The title of this post made me think '...duvets'!

Love these pages. The bits stuck on the outside of the page protector are really effective. :)

Nat said...

Love the way your bits on top of the protector bring everything together as a whole. Fab layouts, spesh the last one of you all together :) xxx