Monday 8 July 2013

I Heart Summer

At last we have some lovely weather! I have to admit it is a little too hot for me, but still it is long over due!

I have been feeling summery this last few weeks with Simple Stories I Heart Summer. I ordered a pack of the album pages. Each page is 6"x8" and coordinates with the patterned papers in the range. Four of the pages are die cut - these are the ones I was attracted to most. I decided to use them on my usual A4 size pages. I began with this one:
 I teamed it with some of the 6x6 papers and some of the Expressions Stickers. I also used a few of the Jillybean corrugated card people that I showed you a couple of months ago. I was running out of boys so I decided to "operate" on a girl like this:
I repeated the cut on the other side and hey presto! I now have more boys in my pack than girls!

At this point I decided to photograph what else was in the packet for you to get a better look at.


I chose to use the cloud die cut page next. I added a few veneer hearts for some added texture.
Next I used the gorgeous heart die cut page, BUT I was sneaky. I gutted most of it so I could use it on more pages. the strips of hearts you can see are all of that page that I used here. I just tucked the edges behind the 6x6 patterned paper a mm or so.
The photograph is of a cute card my 6 year old made for me.

I used another strip of those lovely die cut hearts on this page along with the "sunshine & laughter" bunting page. The alpha stickers are from the Stickers Expression sheet.
Another die cut heart found it's way onto this page. The strip of hearts was cut from the newspaper print page as was the word "fun" 


Well folks, Blogger is being a pain in the craft knife tonight! I'm going to have to leave it there as it is refusing to let me edit anything I have already written! I have one more page to share but as I used the July Sketch Challenge I'll save it until the next post. Come back in a few days to see the challenge. TTFN

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! Love those pages and really love what you have done with them....gorgeous!

Allycat x said...

Fantastic LOs, may have to have a closer look at those album pages!

Lesley G said...

Great pages Jen, I'm glad the craft knife didn't slip during the "op" :)

Louise said...

WOW! These pages are aceicles! Loved those papers in real life and love how you have used them.
Had a bit of a snigger at the sex change operation too ;)
X