Monday 5 August 2013

Cutting it


Hello ladies, Tracie here,

With so many of us enjoying summer holidays at the moment, stash shopping probably isn't a priority, but with so many gorgeous patterned papers out there how can we resist?
As most of the papers these days are double-sided and have such wonderful designs on them why not use them to the max! (great if you're on a budget and with all that money you save you can afford more patterned papers!!)

For my first layout I dived into the gorgeous My Minds Eye, Find your wings and fly range


I cut out all the gorgeous little hot air balloons from the balloon parade paper.
By folding them in half and gluing three of them together I was able to give them a 3D effect



For my second layout I took my inspiration from the brickwork in the photos, I took the bits I'd cut out from the background paper, reversed them and arranged them around the cut out to extend the pattern.

I cut out the cute roses from the My Minds Eye Floral paper and added a few dots of liquid pearls to add interest



My final layout shows my beautiful granddaughter who turned fourteen this year. 
I found the layered ephemera paper was a perfect starting block to build upon and by cutting the repeat 
images from the labelled paper and adding them using foam pads I could add some depth to it, a little bit of washi tape and some chipboard from the same range and I was practically there with minimum effort! 



So that's all from me for now;  for those of you off enjoying sunnier climes, have a wonderful holiday!
 For those of you, like me, staying home and putting up with the rain after all that lovely weather, make your own sunshine and go and do some scrapping! 








4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! What totally gorgeous and inspirational layouts! Love the 3D balloons and that 'brickwork' is sensational :)

Lesley G said...

All that cutting makes me need a lie down!!! Fab layouts as always :) x

Mel said...

Love the 3d balloons.

Allycat x said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous AND gorgeous!!!
Don't know where you get your ideas from sometimes, but they're brilliant!