Saturday 3 August 2013

Think pink!

It's Louise again with my last LO to share... Well hopefully to share as I'm trying this from the iPad for the first time as the pc finally decided to die this morning!

Yesterday I shared photos from The Manchester Color Run, and today I have a photos from my first 5k Race for Life. I'd always wanted to take part in a race for life but never signed up as I didn't think I'd ever be able to run 5k, so it always went on the 'to do when I've lost weight' list. After losing a very special friend to cancer I decided that this was the year to take part and raise whatever I could for cancer research, and I signed up straight away. I was nervous about being able to complete the race, because I didn't want to disappoint myself by stopping and walking.
When I turned the corner towards the finishing line I was delighted to see that I'd done it in 25 minutes and 55 seconds! And the good thing is, if it hadn't have been so crowded with such narrow paths to run on I know I could've easily knocked - few minutes off that time!
I used the Crate Paper The Pier range for my LO, loving the doily cloud paper as a background for all the pink!



I handout the flowers from a sheet of Amy Tan paper adding the doodled stalks and leaves with black pen. I wanted to n clued the medal on the LO, so treated it as a flower drawing round it and adding a stem.


For my title I used some fabric thickets from my collection, and used pink mist to paint the word cancer.
The cute little cameras by Alison Kreft were added with pink ink so that they were subtle and didn't pop out from the page too much.


Thank you for stopping by. Please come back every couple of days to see what the rest of the DT have been up to. If you want to see us use a particular product or to demonstrate any technique, please drop us a line in the comments box.

Louise
X

2 comments:

Lesley G said...

Love how you've incorporated your medal. Well done on Race for Life and Colour Run :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on completing the race for life and for creating such a fabulous layout to document it :) Love the flowers and the medal.