Tuesday 17 September 2013

Layering Up

Morning everyone. What a cold wet day it is here. I guess summer is well and truly over. Ah well, more indoors time for scrapbooking I guess.

I have been playing with My Mind's Eye's new release "Cut & Paste" Flair Collection.The Decorative Tape particularly caught my eye when I was ordering - not that I have a problem with buying too much Washi Tape at the moment....

This page is all about a tale that a Bowman of Warwick told my sweet, innocent children on our trip there this August. He told them the history behind "The Two Fingered Salute". He then gave the children permission to perform said salute!  It was hilarious. The kids were all looking at their parents with this "really???" expression. The fact that the LO is all about something we were told drew me to the speech marks design on the reverse of  the  Flair 'Snapshots' Paper. The arrow design on one of the washi tapes also lent itself to the fact he was an archer/bowman. 


I noticed that the arrows on the tape are completely see through, which made me wonder what effect I could achieve by layering it up. 
I popped some wood grain washi on the page then covered it with the arrow tape and this is what it looked like:

I much preferred this effect so I added three strips to the page. 

I'm still loving my Project Life cards so I layered up a few from the Jade Collection as a photo mat. 

I have a few more pages using this collection of papers so I'll be back in a few days to share them.

TTFN





No comments: