Tuesday 15 October 2013

Never mind the countdown to Christmas...

it's almost Halloween! I have to admit I love Halloween. I wish we went a little more "all out" here in the UK like they do in the States. I try my best though. As Halloween approaches I'm busy preparing for "The 3rd Annual Garratt Halloween Party." When the Pebbles Thirty-One range landed on my doorstep I set about making some little party bags for the kids to fill with sweeties at the party. I'm sure there are other ways to make paper bags but this is how I went about it using a 6x6 paper pad from the range.

1. Score and fold TWO pieces of 6x6 as shown below. 4cm in from the right, 4cm in from the bottom and 4cm in from the left. 


2. Cut one piece as shown, not removing any sections, simply cutting along the lines.

3. Turn over and apply glue to the square sections seen at two of the corners.

4. Fold and stick to make one side of the bag like this:

5. Now with the second piece of card actually cut away those square corner sections like this:

6. Turn over and apply glue to the three rectangular sections: left, right and bottom.

7. Slot those glued sections inside the shape you made in step 4. This creates the party bag/box shape.
 8. Using more paper and cardstock stickers from the coordinating range along with twine and thickers, decorate your bag. Add a strip of black cardstock for the handle then fill with sweeties!



These are 4 of the 9 bags that I have made for the party. Can you guess which DT members are bringing their kids along?

Have you made any Halloween projects? Please share them with us as a link in the comments :) 

6 comments:

Louise said...

Does this mean I don't need to bring thing 3 ;)
These bags are even better in real life... But I'd like my sweetie bag made from 12x12 please x

kjjc said...

Errr Helen and Lou.???

julie said...

Love them. I do Halloween and even made Halloween countdown calendars this year lol.Busy stitching pumpkins at mo :) x

Tracie said...

These bags are fab Jen! Thanks for the inspiration! x

Jimjams said...

Great bags - I miss Halloween Parties now that my 3 are "grown" up!

Here's an old project from when they were littler: Herr Kürbis

Lesley G said...

Such cute bags - I'm a real bah humbug, close blind, lights out, no answer door!!!