Friday 3 January 2014

New year scrapping resolution!

Hello all, it's Louise here with a couple more LOs to share using the Lily Bee Sweet Shoppe papers and the Die Namics Open Hexagon set.
2013 was a difficult year for me in many ways, and as a result my creative mojo took a long walk of a short pier and sank to the darkest depths! Well that's how it felt at times! On New Years Eve I sorted my work space and all my stash and made the promise to myself to get back on the scrapping train! So what better way to start the new year than with a LO about the new year.
I used s photo of my eyes, rather than a scary full face shot! I created the background by stamping onto Kraft with white acrylic paint and using some really old rub ons that I found during my clear up. After layering the patterned papers with some decorative tape I mounted the photo onto a card, trimming it to size. This allowed me to add hidden journaling about my thoughts and feelings. The LO was kept simple with the date being added as a title.








It always feels a bit uncomfortable scrapping about myself. So it was a bit of a relief to get back to scrapping about one of the boys! This time it was Harry's turn.
Another photo from the photoshoot we had last year. And I just love how Harry was captured in this picture. I added journaling around the page about why I love this photo so much.


The hexagon die was used to create a cluster over a stamped image.


And the open strip was added underneath the photo and given a light misting with turquoise.


Whilst I'm still in this new year creative zone, I'm going to go and choose what I want to work with for February. Come back in a couple of days to see what Jen N has created.
Happy New Year to you all.

Louise
X

1 comment:

Lesley G said...

Loving the eyes layout and the colours in the second are fab :)