Thursday 5 June 2014

Stencils!

Tracie here, how is everyone?

 This month I have been having a play with some stencils! I do like to get value for money and as masks and stencils are so versatile they do tend to be a staple of my crafting supplies.

 It's nearly 12 months since my eldest son got married but I am still wading through the photos and have yet to complete an album, maybe if I knuckle down it can be a first anniversary present?!

 I love how the addition of a little gesso and a stencil can give some texture to a layout and this one from Teresa Collins reminded me of the falling confetti in the photo.

 

 Stencils in home decor went out of fashion for a while, but with all things vintage and shabby chic being so popular at the moment, stencils are most definitely 'in' right now.
 I found this cute little cupboard at a car boot recently

 

 Although I quite liked it as it was, I couldn't resist adding a little bit of colour, while still keeping it fairly simple.
 I used chalk paints, white as a base and stencilled in a duck egg blue.
I also painted the inside of the cupboard in the blue, and even repeated the stencil design on the inside of the drawers, the addition of the little key on a bit of hessian gave it that finishing touch!

 

 I don't know about you but I think it was £1 well spent!!

 Finally I wanted to try stencilling on fabric, for this I chose Heidi Swapp's stencil minis and a scrap of hessian.

I loved the contrast of the black against the neutral background and thought it would make a great card topper, with the addition of some buttons, washi tape and American Craft patterned papers, I was done!

 So that's all from me for now! For those of you heading off to sunnier climes, have a great time and for those of you, like me, who have chosen to stay at home, happy crafting!!

1 comment:

Allycat x said...

A fantastic pound spent there Tracie! Love that little cupboard :)